Instructions to complete your EPIC
1. Documents Required:
- Two pieces of Government issued ID. One with picture ID. Save to your computer
- A picture of yourself (selfie photo) holding the two pieces of Government issued identification you will be submitting with your application. ID must be clear enough to read.
- Coach Volunteer Letter– Download and save to your computer. Open and complete blank fields. Save again.
* When completing the ePIC you will be required to upload BOTH Government issued IDs, the photo of you holding your ID and your In the Lead Coach Volunteer Letter.
2. Things to Consider:
- To apply online, you must have resided in Canada for greater than 1 year and be able to supply your Social Insurance Number (SIN) otherwise you will be required to, in person obtain a Police Information Check from a local Calgary Police Service district office.
(click here for a list of district offices)
- If you currently live outside of Calgary (ie: Airdrie), you must obtain a Police Information Check from the city/town you live in by taking the completed Coach Volunteer Letter to your local RCMP attachment.
- We recommend calling before you attend to determine their hours and procedures. You may need to book an appointment
- The letter should allow you to receive this service at no charge, however, if for some reason the RCMP charges you despite the letter, please save the receipt and CYJS will reimburse you the fee.
3. Sharing Results
- If you completed the check online, within 2 – 3 weeks you will receive your results via email. Once you have received your results, please log back in and select “SHARE”, from the drop down menu, choose “Calgary Youth Justice Society – Programs.” Please note, Calgary Youth Justice Society will not receive your results unless you have logged back in and SHARED them.
- If you completed the check at at local RCMP attachment you will receive the results in the mail. Please email a copy to Volunteer Manager, Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to complete your ePIC